On Thursday, 8 August 2018, Sedagive? and I went out to Moscow on the Hill to meet other Ural riders and the folks from St. Croix Ural and Leo’s South for Russian food and camaraderie.
It took us a little over a half hour to get there from our house — I’m still sticking to surface streets and lower speeds to break in the engine and get over my June crash jitters — but the ride was a lot of fun. The weather was great, and once we got into St. Paul the small, twisty residential roads were both beautiful and fun to navigate.
There were about a dozen attendees, and 6 bikes (one not pictured here)
I enjoyed getting some wisdom from the other Ural owners. Here are a few things we jotted down, and will research more in the future:
- Baja No Pinch tool for changing the tire
- Buy and carry a scissor jack to help put the bike on the center stand in case of maintenance
- I don’t think I got the name right, but a Ural wizard on Facebook named “Van Lee” – if you have more information about this please contact me
- Midwest USA Ural owners group on Facebook
- ACF50 and Fluid Film as rust preventatives
It was great to meet people. I hope there are more events like this in the future.
Big thanks to St. Croix Ural and Leo’s South for putting on a great event. They picked up the tab for all the food and everyone’s first drink.
There was even a little chair flying, thanks to another Ural owner: